Friday 3 April 2009

April 3

Caught the train up to Putney yesterday, a good opportunity to read the paper - full of the G20 summit (front 12 pages) and World Cup qualifiers (back 11 pages). Spent an enjoyable day watching ESPN Classic, losing the World Cup semi-final as Spain on Pro Evolution Soccer and seeing two bizarres get ejected from the Slug & Lettuce. I did travel up to see a friend, in case you're thinking I did all this alone. My train home was formed of eight coaches, and would divide at Horsham. This reminded me of space shuttles, where the orbiter vehicle makes the useful journey into space while the tank and boosters simply fall away and serve no further purpose once separate from the shuttle. I travelled in the front four coaches, headed for Chichester and Portsmouth. The rear four continued to Bognor Regis.

No comments:

Post a Comment